Children's Class Mission Statement
1. To teach students the value of perseverance by setting and achieving short
term goals which lead towards a long term goal.
2. To teach how to be constructively competitive with one's self, rather than
aggressively competitive with others.
3. To help students to respect authority figures but still to take responsibility
for their own actions.
4. To encourage a sense of self-confidence and a positive attitude through the
practice of the previous points.
5. To teach self-defense.
Adult Class Mission Statement
1. To teach practical, tested self defense techniques that will be
effective in a physical confrontation.
2. To mentally prepare the adult student for the stresses and
realities associated with physical confrontations.
3. To increase situational awareness so the adult student can
identify potential conflicts and avoid them.
4. To foster teamwork and friendships between students.
5. To help increase the physical fitness and stamina of the students.
2011 Desert Martial Arts LLC. All rights reserved.
Code of Conduct for all students
1. All of our classes are intended to be a positive,
teamwork oriented environment. All students should
keep this in mind and insure that whatever actions they
may be taking would be appropriate to that environment.
2. When you are outside the dojang (school) remember
that your behavior is a reflection of our school and the
entire martial arts community. Your martial arts should
be used only as a last resort to defend yourself when no
other reasonable avenue remains. Those who use their
martial arts for personal gain or in anger will be expelled
from the school without exception.
3. A martial artist leads by example. Be certain that
your conduct befits your station as a student of the
Aleems School of
Tae Kwon Do